In Region of Valencia you will find circuits in unique scenarios with an unrivalled atmosphere.
Region of Valencia is an ideal destination for running lovers, thanks to its warm climate all year round, its location by the sea and a varied orography that alternates seascapes and natural spaces. You can practice urban running anywhere, and even in large cities such as Valencia or Benidorm, which have adapted routes. If you need to prepare your athletics season outdoors or on an approved indoor track, we suggest the facilities of our sports cities such as La Nucía.
And if the competition is your thing, then we suggest you write down the following calls:
- Templar Territory Experience (March): multidisciplinary three-day trial of BBT's ultra-distance mountain and trail running through the incredible Templar sites and castles of the province of Castellón. www.evasionrunning.es
- Penyagolosa Trails MiM and CSP (April): are two tests of resistance in a semi-self-sufficiency regime that departs from the city of Castelló, at sea level, to end up in the hermitage of Sant Joan de Penyagolosa at 1280m. In the MIM the runners must complete 60 km through historical trails, in a maximum time of 15 hours, in this competition of the Spain Ultra Cup. The CSP test is also rated for the Ultra Trail World Tour, with a 109 km course, accumulated climb slope of 5,600 meters and to be completed in 27 hours. More info: www.penyagolosatrails.com
- 15k Nocturna Valencia (August): RFEA-approved route that guarantees best marks, with a totally flat layout traveling wide tracks. www.15knocturnavalencia.com
- Half Marathon Valencia (October): It has become the fastest race in the world and one of the greatest autumn appointments for national and international runners. Valencia City of Running
- Elx Half Marathon (October): Considered the oldest in the world! www.mediamaratonelche.com
- Gran Carrera del Mediterráneo Costa Blanca (November): This event runs parallel to the sea along the beaches of Alicante, Elche and Santa Pola. It takes place at the same time as Mediterranean SUP Race (paddle surfing), having the same finish line for both races. www.lagrancarreradelmediterraneo.es
- Costa Blanca Trails (November): Different trail races take place in this impressive area that concentrates six peaks: the Puig Campana (1404 m. starting almost from the same coast), Mallada del Llop (1360 m. with its spectacular Canal), the Aitana (1558 m. roof of the race and maximum height of Alicante) and Pla de la Casa (1379 m) , Pico Serrella (1319 m) and Recingle Alt (1359 m). www.costablancatrails.com
- Valencia Marathon (December): it is the biggest event for runners from all over the world. With a completely flat circuit, a temperature of between 12 and 17 degrees and a unique stage such as the Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciéncies, it is the fastest Spanish marathon. The event holds the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) gold medal. Valencia City of Running
21K and 10K Benidorm International (February): more than 3000 runners from Spain and Europe. Benidorm Half
Marathon and 10k Castellón International (February): Bronze Label World Athletics. Learn more at www.maratonbpcastellon.com